LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-4844 Not giving measured values in NI-OSI Explorer

SUCCESS!

So after playing with the threshold values, I was still not having any luck. Then I noticed just how sharp the peakes were, and wondered if the default peak width setting for "minimum width at level" was too large at 0.1 nm. So I adjusted them all to 0.01 nm and everything appears to be working perfectly.

Thanks a lot for your help. I have to say though, the NI literature on configuring sensors is woefully inadequate, as demonstrated by this case. No mention is made about what to do if a sensor doesnt instantly appear, and it cost me quite a bit of time. I had already called Ni and spoke to engineers over the phone, and together we decided that the product must be faulty, and should be sent in for repair.

I know that none of that was your fault, but I would try to pass this info along, were I in your position. I really appreciate the help.

Best,

Justin

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(739 Views)

Hi Justin,

Glad to hear you were able to get the sensors recognized. And I appreciated the feedback regarding the current state of our documentation.

The NI-OSI documentation assumes that the measurement from a sensor provides a well defined peak. As such the documentation focuses on configuring the detection settings in order to identify the peaks/sensors and providing measurement type/scaling details. The following pages from the NI-OSI Explorer Help can be used as an outline for those processes:

-Setting Peak Detection

-Peak Detection Examples

-Configuring Sensors

-Configuration Examples

I hope that these links will be helpful to users that come by this forum in the future.

I do believe there is room for improvement in our documentation specifically for cases where the sensor is not providing the expected peak. Perhaps in the future we can provide a hardware troubleshooting guide for these instances.

Thanks,

Jake Bartholomew
NI R&D - PSE

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(714 Views)