LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-4139 in LabVIEW

We are trying to run the PXIe-4139 SMU in LabVIEW. We have the PXIe-1073 chasse with the SMU in Slot 3.  NI MAX sees both of these items and they are functioning properly.  However the DCPower instruemnt drivers do not show up in LabVIEW even though they are already installed on my PC.  We are running windows 7, and tried both DCPower 16.0 and 15.2 (I read that 16.0 may have some issues with Windows 7, I am not sure if that was the case).  Neither program worked.  

What I am struggling with is that the DCPower instruemnt drivers were working properly in LabVIEW previously and have since stopped working.  The SMU was giving us a "Code 12: This device cannot find enough resources that it can use".  This was solved by allocating 1 MB to the device which allowed it to boot up properly.  After that was done the instrument drivers dissapeard from LabVIEW and we cannot get them back.

When I am in LabVIEW I can go to "Tools" then "Instruementation" then to "Find Istrument Drivers" and LabVIEW does not show the PXIe -4139 as a connected device (at the same time NI MAX is showing the PXIe-4139 as connected and working properly).

We are at a loss and would really love any suggestions that you guys have! Thank you for your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,075 Views)

Do you see the NI-DCPower VIs under Functions » Measurement I/O » NI-DCPower? 

DCPower.png

Do you see the examples in the example finder under Hardare Input and Output » Modular Instruments » NI-DCPower (DC Power Supplies)?

You won't be able to find the DCPower stuff as an instrument driver 🙂

Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,052 Views)

Craig, I am working with the OP.

We do not have these showing up.  The examples and the VIs were showing up before, however they have now dissapeared.  We reistalled the NI DCPower and it still will not show up. 

Thank you for your response! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,047 Views)

What version of LV are you in? Make sure to use a compatible DCPower driver version: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/DAAA83A6DC7AAC2186257957006579AB

If LV and the driver are compatible but you're missing the paletes, can you try force-reinstalling the driver? 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ADD22E807D5A12AD862579EC00760F79?OpenDocument

The PXIe-4139 is showing up properly in MAX is a good sign, and indicates that the core driver components are on your system.

Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,038 Views)