LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIE-1065 Chassis makes clicking sound and will not power up.

Came in from the weekend to my few week old PXIe-1065 chassis making a clicking sound near the ac power cord and it will not power on. I removed all the cards from the chassis and it stops clicking, but as soon as I replace the controller (PXIe-8133) it starts clicking again. Is this an ac power supply failure in the chassis. I also noticed there was no filter elements over the fans in the rear of the chassis like my smaller (PXIe-1082) chassis. Could this have led to the failure?

-Jeremy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,117 Views)

Hi uyt,

There are a few troubleshooting steps to take here that might show where the problem lies. Have you tried any other embedded controllers in the control slot of this chassis? Do they show the same behavior? Have you tried that controller in your other chassis? Depending on which one the issue follows, I would be inclined to guess that part is damaged in some way and needs to be RMAed.

In response to your suspicion: I would be extremely surprised if you were delivered a part without a physical component and many of our newer chassis do not have the fan filter you are referring to, so that is likely not the issue.

Feel free to call in to our support line at 866-275-6964 to troubleshoot the system with one of our engineers before RMAing the device.

Ben R.
Aerospace & Defense Test
Solutions Marketer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,093 Views)