LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI RT crash, exception code: 0xC0000005

Hello Everyone,

I'm developing an LabVIEW application to acquire data from an instrument connected by ethernet, communicating with SCPI commands and my application is host on a NI8106 PXI controller.

My problem is that sometimes the PXI crash and restart because of a "system error", I tried to put probes everywhere to try to catch an eventual error at this moment but I didn't saw anything. On the error log of the PXI, i have the famous "0xC0000005" error.

Sometimes the PXI crash several time per day, sometimes it doesn't crash for more than 24 hours and I'm doing all the long the same operations.

On my code I have three task that runs in parallel, a "command parser" that monitor a variable on a server, the "Instrument task" acquires the data and sends them to the "Data Publisher" that log the data on the server and saves them in local.

The server is a server of my company and there is a homemade library to communicate with it. But i'm writing on the server once every 30 minutes and sometimes the PXI crash before so, I don't think if it's linked. I'm running now the code by disabling all the part dedicated to the server communication to see if there is a difference.

I tried to format completely the PXI but nothing change. 

If someone has an idea..!

Thank you

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,333 Views)

What OS are you running on the PXI?  In particular, are you running a LabVIEW RT Project, with a PC as the Host and the PXI as a Remote (running PharLap)?  I have some experience with this type of system, and have rebuilt my PXI controllers (8176, now obsolete, 8106, 8108) numerous times.  However, I've not tried running a PXI as a stand-alone (Windows) machine ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,287 Views)

Yes i'm running a LabVIEW RT Project, with a PC as the Host and the PXI as a Remote. And the PXI is running on Pharlap RT

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,282 Views)

Well, if you really reformatted the PXI, then you are going to need some serious step-by-step help from a LabVIEW Guru (are there any local to your location?) to rebuild the PXI, re-install the Real-Time OS, and re-deploy your code.

I assume you have the Distribution Media for some version of LabVIEW, including LabVIEW RT and the appropriate set of Device Drivers.  What OS are you running on your PC?  Is it a 32-bit or 64-bit version of the OS?  What version of LabVIEW are you running?  Is it a 32-bit or 64-bit LabVIEW?  [I recommend 32-bit LabVIEW on 64-bit Windows].

I believe your problem has nothing to do with the "Server" you mentioned, but rather involves the Host/Remote code and communication in your LabVIEW RT Project.  Do you have much experience with LabVIEW RT?  Do you have colleagues locally who have such experience?  Are you able to post the code for the entire Project?  [To do this, compress the folder containing the Project, and attach the resulting .zip file].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,275 Views)

My computer is running on Windows 10 x64 and I'm working with LabVIEW 2015 x32.

What you mean by my problem involves "the Host/Remote code and communication in your LabVIEW RT Project" ? Because I can even run my RT software on the PXI alone without running any soft in my computer (if I configure it to start by itself the reading sequence) and even in this case, the PXI crashes. 

It's my fourth project in LabVIEW RT and the most simple one and I never had this problem before.

I'm not working for a private company but for a research centre but I don't think I can post the code.

Yes we have a Labview service, but my supervisor is not here this week I have to wait for him to engage the procedure of review of the code and so on, in the same time I wanted to see if I can solve this problem.

I had a new error this week-end on the PXI, I've attached the screen.

Okay then I will see if I can give the PXI to someone to rebuild it. I will try on another one to see I have the same problem but it will be difficult to find a free one.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,258 Views)