LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-5124 continuous acquisition

I have a PXI-5124 board.I need to perform a continuous acquisition for a signal (frequency at 1MHz,cycle time is 10s).i set the min sampling rate as 5MHz,the min record length as 50Ms.i store the data into the file. I use the queue as a buffer ,but the result is not satisfying. when I run the digitizer for a while, every time it indicated “the memory is not enough”. May I ask the board can satisfy the physical need? how should I set the buffer?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,800 Views)

What is the onboard memory size of your NI 5124? The available options are 8, 32, 256 and 512 MB. What is the rate at which you are reading from digitizer and how many samples?

You should read fast enough so that whatever onboard memory is available is not filled up.

Under NI Example finder you will get niScope EX Fetch Forever.vi which you can use to coninuously acquire.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,694 Views)

the onboard memory is 256M.i just want to fetch a record when in need.then store the record into a file.every record has 20M samples.can the board satisfy the need?can i control the process of  fetching?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,642 Views)

Hello jacklkb,

It depends on the sampling rate specified for acquisition and how many samples you are reading. The digitizer card is capable of 200MS/s sampling rate. With 256 MB buffer, ideally you should be able to capture with maximum capacity. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,637 Views)