From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PULSE COUNTER WITH PARALELL PORT

hi, i'm t_moenia and i'm coursing the 8th level of mechatronical engineering career, i'm gonna make a linear manipulator with 4 joints, the last one is angular, he actuators have to be DC motors. The project is about servo controllers indicating the position of links from the computer by means of a visual interface, i wanna make this with LabView 7.1, but  my problem is  the following>

I CAN'T MAKE A PULSE COUNTER RECEIVING A DIGITAL SIGNAL FROM ENCODERS CONECTED TO TE PARALLEL PORT OF MY PC ( PRINTER PORT )
I DON'T KNOW HOW MAKE IT! I WANNA COUNT THE PULSES MAKING THIS INCREMENTAL OR DECREMENTAL, I'D RATHER THE INCREMENTAL COUNTER CAUSE THE OTHER ONE IS NOT IMPORTANT FOR ME, COULD YOU HELP ME WHIT THIS PROBLEM, I THINK IT'S EASY FOR YOU!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,438 Views)
Hi t_moenia

If you want to use the parallel port, you can use the example Help>>find examples>>Parallel Port Read and Write loop. With that example, you only need to check the status of the boolean variable and increment a variable.

Check the example and tell me if you have problems.

Other links:

Best regards.

También podemos contestarte en español si lo deseas.

Coamín Cruz
AELatam
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,421 Views)