From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEM WITH WINDOW APPEARANCE-data not update

Hi,
I'm calling to a subvi that is window appearance. at the first time that i'm caling it's wotking o.k
but when i  call it again the data not change it's the same data from the first time.
i need help!!!! i dont know where is the problem,mybe the while loop or somthing like that.
here is my project:

labview 7.0.
note: the project include some txt files.
the etmw_x must be in drive c.
the main program is statistic tester report_main pro1.
when u run the project select the etmw_036.134 station 3.[txt file].
regards
eyal.

Message Edited by Support on 09-15-2005 10:45 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,708 Views)
First, look on the bright side - the 1.4 MB file is read in much less than a second.Smiley Happy

As for your VI, you're getting the data you read from the file because that's how you wired it - the wire coming from the read goes to both loops and that way the data splits. Each branch of the wire gets a different copy of the data. You should think of a wire not as a variable, but as a conduit. If you want to read the new data, you can create a local variable of array and read it in the while loop.

You have some further problems.
For example, you're not handling errors, you don't have icons for your subVIs and you have almost identical code for every case in the while loop. Note, for example, the change I made to use an array and an event structure.

To learn more, I suggest you read the LabVIEW user manual. Also, try searching this site and google for LabVIEW tutorials. Here and here are a couple you can start with. You can also contact your local NI office and join one of their courses.
In addition, I suggest you read the LabVIEW style guide.

tst beat me to it, but here is my modified version.  Which also used an array and event structure, identically to tst's code.  The only difference is I placed a decoration behind the boolean, so that the checkboxes are the same size as your clusters.

Another note is that you are not closing one of the files which you should be.

Has what we shown you helped answer your question?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,659 Views)
Hi, tst and evan

thanks for your answer.

i try to do  the " If you want to read the new data, you can create a local variable of array and read it in the while loop."
but still not working.

regrads

eyal.

note: i started to read abut labview on the link's that u give to me.
thanks again. 
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,652 Views)
You can see the local variable approach in the VI I attached. However, if your for loop runs fast enough (assuming nothing in the subVIs holds it back), you don't need a local - you can simply wire the shift register coming out of the for loop into the while loop. In the same direction, if you get rid of the array indicator (which does nothing), the for loop will run faster.

Hi, tst
I'm sorry if i boder you, but stil i get the same data when i call the subvi [get_t1].
i connected the output from the for loop to the while loop that call the subvi but still i have the problem , the data not updataed.
when i run the sub vi and i chaneging the index the data is update but when i call the subvi from the main its not working.
i dont know what to do else!!!! i'm lost..........:(

regards
eyal.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,644 Views)

Well, I'm not sure what your problem is exactly.

Since the VI was opening and closing fast, I added a wait function in it. When I did this, the Value property nodes you used started to generate errors that the VI is not in a state compatible with the operation. To be honest, I have no idea why this error occured, but I resolved it by wiring the value from the control instead of using the Value property (which is not a good way, anyway).

Try it and see if it helps your problem. If not, we need a more detailed explanation of what the expected result is and what the actual result is.

Hi, tst

first of all many thanks for your help.

now the problem is , when i put a chekmark on the first test on the main i get the reslut in the get_t1[subvi],its work ok.

the result shold be:

test name: power up cur.

min value=0.18;

max value=1000;

total mean=3.530;

standart deviation=51,7066;

pass mean=0.87;

standart deviation[pass]=5.07;

know if i'm gonig back to main program and take the tx freq1 test or a different test i get the result of the first test.

the result of tx freq is:

min valu=888.799;

max value=901.816;

total mean=901.779;

standart deviation=0.68;

pass mean=901.815;

standart deviation[pass]=0.000363;

i try to modifay the bulid table function in the get_t1.vi but i get more trable with that. i think that the problem is there.

what do think?...

regards

eyal.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,635 Views)

I really don't know. Your code is very hard to follow. What I suggest is that you clean it up a lot (make subVIs, follow the style guide) and document it, and you may find out what the problem is on your own. Even if you don't, it will be much easier for someone else to.

Hi tst,

thanks for your time!.
i'll try to make sum subvi and try to find the problem.
i'll be contact with you to tell you waht was the problem.
and thanks agian you r verey good person.

regards,
eyal.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,623 Views)