LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PID control on FPGA - needs more memory to compile

I used the discrete transfer function VI within the simulation loop instead of the plant simulator VI in order to simulate the plant, as I would just have to input the transfer function of the plant instead of having to calculate for the process parameters. Is there a simpler way of simulating the plant without using the simulation toolkit?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(459 Views)

Hi watashin,

Are you encountering this issue when you're compiling your Real Time VI into a startup executable?

If so, we'll definitely want to take a second look at the memory usage, not just the total usage, but of what LabVIEW is using as well.

If you open up task manager by pressing ctrl + alt +delete and go to the performance tab, how much memory is LabVIEW using? How much memory is left in your system?

Also, what OS are you running? Is it 32 or 64 bit?

Regards,

Joel I.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(427 Views)

Have you tried using a very simple transfer function, or removing it entirely and replacing it with some basic math (just for testing), to see if the transfer function is in fact the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(418 Views)

It seems like the memory usage was not the problem, but the control and simulation loop was. I replaced the simulation loop as well as the discrete transfer function VI with an IIR filter, and the PID controller worked fine in simulation mode (I still not have tried it on the physical plant). Thank you for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(396 Views)