From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PID (FPGA Module) & PID (Control Design and Simulation Module)

Hello!

For selection right coefficients for PID (FPGA) I simulate it with PID Academic Model (Control Design and Simulation Module),
but when I run PID (FPGA) with calculated values correction circuit works incorrect.

Action sequence:
1 With PID Academic Model I choose Kc (proportional gain), Ti (integral time, s) and Td (derivative time, s) so that Bode plots corresponds to desired.
2 I calculate gains for PID (FPGA)

Kp=Kc*256
Ki=Kc*Ts*256/Ti
Kd=Kc*Td*256/Ts

where Kp - proportional gain
Ki - integral gain
Kd - derivative gain
Ts - sampling time, s
Ti - integral time, s
Td - derivative time, s

Do I simulate PID (FPGA) right?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,481 Views)

Hey Sp1rit,

Just to sort of reiterate, you are using the PID (Academic instance) to determine which values of Kc, Ti, and Td result in a transfer function that best represents the system you wish to control. You are then using the PID (FPGA) in your code with the determined gains and not seeing the response that you are expecting. Perhaps a better description of the behavior you are seeing and the behavior that you are expecting would help shed a little more light on what is going wrong in your system.  

The PID (FPGA) is an express vi that calculates the Kp, Ki, and Kd based on the Kc, Ti, and Tc that you determined in the previous step. The vi then uses these constants to process the data you pass into it. Here is a good resource that describes the PID (FPGA) a little more: LabVIEW Help: PID (FPGA)

Hope this helps,

Ben

Hope this helps.
-Ben

WaterlooLabs
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,439 Views)

Is it possible to design PI controller for Boost converter using Lab view FPGA ??. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,002 Views)

Isn't easier to use Matlab for this case?

I think Labview has errors counting time.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,996 Views)

Pradeep,

While we do always encourage users to ask questions on the forums, we do request that you create a new thread for a new question instead of bumping old threads. It helps keep the forums easy to search so people can solve similar issues in the future.

As for your question, I do not have any experience with boost converters, but almost any time someone asks "Can I do X with LV FPGA?" the answer is yes.  If you should create a new thread with some specific questions, Im sure you will get some assistance on developing such an application. 

Regards,

Kyle M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,977 Views)