From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PID Controller

Hi guys. I have put this question in deutsche forum but got no reply. Hope someone can help me.

I have found a programm in Forum and wants to know how can i use it for 2 valve? One Valve is used to drive up and second to drop down.

Thanks for every advice.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,802 Views)

Hi ARaj,

you got an answer in German LabVIEWForum. It's not very polite to crosspost instead of wait atleast for 24 hours…

And you didn't supply your VI in LabVIEWForum. So what answer did you expect when you don't supply needed information?

Your VI makes no sense to me.

- You write "don't want to wait", but you use a wait function. What's its purpose then?

- You have a PID control connected to FP controls. What's the purpose here?

- You limit the output using InRangeAndCoerce. Why don't you use the "output limits" input of the PID?

- Why do you use your PID output todrive a wait function? Usually the "Stellwert" is used to set an (real!) actuator…

- You ask "how to close your VI": Simply press the STOP button when finished! (Serious answer: wire the correct condition to the loop stop condition terminal…)

- I don't see any VALVES in your VI? How are they connected? How are they even related to your VI?

General hints:

Learn LabVIEW basics with the help of all those free courses offered by NI.

Learn specific functions with the help of example VIs found in the LabVIEW help and in the ExampleFinder…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,791 Views)