LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIC33F Flash

I have a new project, witch we need to flash the memory of a Microcontroler DSPIC33FJ64GP204

I'm able to use serial port to flash the Micro.

I have the option to use a GTAG or other Flash Programmer, but I prefer to solve this issue using LabView directly

Do we have any routine to flash it using the serial port under Labview?

Or any suggestions???? (not and external programmer)

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,529 Views)

By "external programmer" are you referring to the physical device that plugs into a serial port on your PC and into a JTAG port on the PIC, or are you referring to an application outside LabVIEW that talks to the device plugged into the serial port?

You can't eliminate the physical programmer entirely. You could write some code that receives data over a serial port and writes it to flash - I've done this to load new firmware over CAN - but you still need the programmer to write that code once.

You can investigate the serial protocol used to talk to the physical programmer, but unless you want to spend a lot of time reverse engineering and learning about JTAG, it's probably best to use the programming application that's designed for the programmer device. Why don't you want to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,514 Views)

My test equipment going to test 6 or 8 Boards a time, and I'm looking the opportunity to add the Flash programming to that Fuctional Test.

I know than I can use a JTAG programmer, but into FFT test, I need to put 6 or 8.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,511 Views)

So your question is, how can you test writing to flash without buying 6-8 programmers? I think your only other option is to pre-load the PIC with code that can accept data over the serial port and write it to flash. I don't know of any way to program a PIC that doesn't involve using a programmer unless there's already code on the PIC. Maybe I'm wrong though - my experience with PICs is limited.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,507 Views)