LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIC32 and RS232 Issue

Hi everybody i'm new in labview, i've a problem with my two LabView interfaces for RS232 comunication trough PIC32 and PC.

My purpose is to visualize in 31 text boxes a series of data transmitted from PIC.

The data format transmitted is SGL 32bit for 32 total data (128byte) (the first array's location contain the start string for synchronize the data in rx), before the transmission, I split every array's location in 4 byte and then I transmit them serially LSB first.

My two labview interfaces are GUI1 and GUI2, the results for both is the same.

Some times the received data are correct (all the text boxes are correct filled) and other time the data are wrong (are visualized 0s and casual values).

The issues appear with the USB to RS232 converter and the RS232 cable on Desktop PC.

Boundrate 115200 bps.

Any suggestion? thanks everybody

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,700 Views)

@Danyele87 wrote:

The issues appear with the USB to RS232 converter and the RS232 cable on Desktop PC.

If you believe the issue is a hardware issue, why are you posting on a LabVIEW message board?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,676 Views)

I dont belive that the issue is caused by the cable or the converter.

I wrote that for tell that the problem appear with both "hardware" components, so i can exclude any hardware issue.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,663 Views)
Is the pic appending a termination character? You've configured the VISA Read to terminate on it but you are sending hex and that mode is not compatible with a term character. I believe the issue is synchronization with the pic.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,654 Views)