LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIC18F4550

Sounds like a cool project! There are a lot of pieces working together and all of it (as you described to me) sounds doable.  Ofcourse I do not have all of the details, and normally people pay for such advice, but I will help you as much as I can.

So if I understand you correctly, the PIC microcontroller is doing 2 things:

1. Measuring some resistance

2. Reading the flash memory of ANOTHER device

If this is the case, then the code on the microcontroller needs to read voltages at the pins you are reading the resisntaces and then convert to a Resistance value (R=V/I).  Then you will need to write a function that reads the flash memory data.  (I am unsure how to do that.  Like I said in an earlier post, the pins will will be connected and there maybe a function to read and convert a value at that register- that part you will have to figure out).  Finally you will need to communicate the resistance values and the values from the flash memory of the other device via RS232. All of this code will reside on the PIC.

Then your LabVIEW program needs to read this RS232 Data and communicate with the DAQ card.

But can you provide answers to all the questions in my previous post.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified Professional Instructor
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 29
(727 Views)

Dear Sir.

We are two members in this project,but both us are in different locations now.

Development time frame is for 3 months.

The Boards will me manufacured by some one else.

There is no expand over time.

Interface I already explined You.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 29
(724 Views)

Who is doing what portion? Are you responsible for the LabVIEW and the other person is responsible for another portion? Do you have a source control system setup?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 29
(722 Views)

Dear sir.

Once I measured the resistance i will going to save that in log,after measuring all,we can able to validate the mesurement values with Flash Memory data,if matching then we can show the status,in this case there will no need to measure the resistance through PIC microcontroller,is it right advise

Raikar A G.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 29
(721 Views)

Dear SIr.

We both are for LabVIEW,the other things will be done by other team.

Raikar A G

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 29
(718 Views)

Ok.  My very first suggestion is getting a source control system in place if you do not have one already.  There are a lot of free ones out there such as SVN.  But this will be invaluable when you and your colleague are developing this application.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 29
(715 Views)

Dear SIr.

Ok sir.

Then How will read and write the Flash Memory by using PIC 18F4550,as you explained before by using C or PIC langauge we need to write read/write option to Microcontroller, I am not good in C or PIC langauge and how this will communicate in LabVIEW,provide if you have any examples or if any Usefull Links on this,I will study those things.

Raikar A G.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 29
(696 Views)

I am unsure how to use the PIC to read the flash memory.  However, I have a link that explains the RS232 part here:

http://www.lvr.com/serial_ports_pic.htm

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 29
(692 Views)

I will have to search my other computer for a project I did a long time ago using a PIC microcontroller to communicate with LabVIEW over RS232.  But using LabVIEW to read RS232 is not difficult.  The challenge would be creating a good, scalable application.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 29
(689 Views)

Good Day !

Thank You Very Much Sir.

Raikar A G

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 29
(686 Views)