From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIC18F4550

Hello!

I am developing a similar project, in my case I use a PIC 16F877 and a MAX 232, I've implemented in LabVIEW software to write ActiveX controls that acquire data in an Excel workbook (I am using LabVIEW 8.6 and Office 2007). But I have several questions, as I am developing a stand alone application (include the runtime engine, because my application must run on computers without LabVIEW) and I need that data is received on the PC through a USB port, and decided to use a USB-RS232 adapter.
Then I need to know how to implement the interface between LabVIEW and the adapter. My adapter has software installation, so I wonder if I should include it in "Build Specifications" (as always included file) when I am creating my application, or if I should install the adapter software before? I was reading about USB devices and I found that I must use MAX to recognize them. No way to do this without using MAX? is possible to control and communicate with the adapter using VISA-USB? Where I can get more information about VISA-USB?

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 29
(753 Views)

You should include the USB-RS232 adapter software in the Installer build spec.  This will make a seamless installer for your applicatoin

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified Professional Instructor
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 29
(750 Views)

Hi again!

Just include the adapter software in the installer?
No need to configure VISA-> USB?
Could you explain how it would work the interface between my application and the adapter in this case?

In the VI Setup to receive data on the serial port using VISA and configuring the adapter requires a USB port that will receive the data. But I do not know how to implement (in VI) receipt of data via USB port (configured for adaptdor) instead of the serial port?

Can you tell me where I can find more information about VISA-USB?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 29
(742 Views)

Dear Sir.

As you told to write the PIC program by using C or PIC level language,yes now I did the whole controlling part of the PIC in C,now problem is how to use these C program in my labVIEW block diagram.

Thanking You.

Raikar A G

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 29
(724 Views)
Dear Sir.

Good Day!.....

I hope you people are doing well,now i am working on one project in that we need to measure the RTD resistance value,I planed by using the NI PCI 6221 multifunction daq card by measuring the voltage with Ohm's law we can able to calculate the resistance value.So please advice whether NI PCI 6221 is capable for application or i need to go for some higher version,because RTD is a very sensitive component, and my measuring tolerance is only 0.4 Ohm.

I am going to use one external 5vdc power supply and a known resistance series with RTD it drop current to measure the RTD resistance value by ohm's law. 

Thanking You.

With Regards.

Raikar A G

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 29
(709 Views)

The C Program will need to be compiled, then downloaded to the PIC.  You do not call it on the block diagram

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified Professional Instructor
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 29
(697 Views)

Dear Sir.

Now i am plan to dump the c code on 8051 or in PIC then by using RS232 serial communication i am going to communicate with LabVIEW through MAX232 IC,is I am in right way.

One more sir I didn't get answer for my last query, which DAQ will suitable for my application.

Thanking You

Raikar A G

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 29
(690 Views)

Dear Brandyn.

Hope you people are doing well,i have one problem.

I am trying to measure the voltage across the low value resistance which is 110ohm and 16ohm in NI 6251,i am applying 5vdc through a known 50Ko resistance to drop 0.1ma current to measure the resistacne value,when i am measuring i am getting some 4 to 6 ohm fluctuvation in measurements,so can any one tell how to solve this problem,because i need to measure the constant value,even i tried by giving +5vdc and gnd from daq pin to rathere than applying 5vdc from power supply,at that time also i got fluctuvation,so here i attached the snap which i measured in MAX for both...

Thanking You.

Raikar A G

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 29
(663 Views)

What about to FLASH formware to a DSPIC33F64?

Any body use a LabView to write the firmware (HEX file) to the PIC? in what port? UART?, ICSP? I2C?

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 29
(640 Views)