From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHD 2000 Pump driver change infuse rate

Thank you, nathand. I was actually able to use a few commands on the hyper terminal window but, they were all related to reading the version of the PHD software or what the current settings are.  I'll have to figure out how to use visa, as this is the first instance that requires a direct use of it.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,410 Views)

I was asked in a private message if I could share the VI that I wrote to drive this pump. Here it is, along with an image showing how it was used in the larger application. Sorry for the missing type definitions, just unlink them. The "Lane" input was particular to the system in which this was used - we had 4 of these pumps with the communications link daisy-chained between them and the Lane specified which pump to address. You'll of course still need to read the manual to determine the correct commands to send. I wrote this a few years ago and no longer remember the response format nor why all the string manipulation was necessary, but it did work.

Write to Syringe Pump.png

Harvard Pump.png

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,156 Views)

One additional note. For my code above to work, you need to configure the serial port including termination character, as shown:

Initialize Serial Port for PHD Pump.png

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,131 Views)

Hey nathand, could you give some hints on using Hyperterminal to communicate with pump? I wrote some simple LabVIEW code to control (run and stop) the pump but it works sometime and sometimes don't. 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(986 Views)