LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDAchart stops displaying data

Hi,

I built an application working on PDA which seemed to work well but something I don't understand encounters.
As you can see in the program (attached file), I want my application to display 333 data then update X axis for the next 333 data. What's going on is that after the first 333 data, some graphs (1 or sometimes 2, but not the same all the time), seem to not be updated. But the others are just fine. Then after the fourth update, charts which are still diplaying data stop displaying as well.
However the application is still running (at a corect rate) because values are still displayed next to the charts.

Hope everybody can help me,
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,917 Views)

Hello Roberto,

How fast is your inner loop running?  It looks like you do not have any wait statements in your loop so the loop is only delayed by your 3 bluetooth reads.  The only thing that I can think of as a cause would be that you are trying to update your charts too quickly.  Any time that you write a value to a chart, the front panel has to update (which can be an expensive operation).  Something that may help would be to buffer your data a little before writing to your charts.  Instead of reading 1 data point and writing it to a chart immediately, you could read 10 or 15 data points and plot them all at once.  This way, you cut down on your front panel updates and your whole program will most likely run more smoothly.

Regards,
Justin D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,882 Views)