From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDA While Loop using Bluetooth results in interface lockup

The PDA Module ships with an example project that demonstrates client/server Bluetooth communication.  I decided to try it out with my PC acting as the server and my PDA as the client.  The demo basically transmits waveform data continuously via Bluetooth from server to client.  Attached is the code for the client PDA and the heart of the code is a while loop which continuously accepts data via Bluetooth and outputs the data onto the display.  For the most part, this is the stock example VI that ships but I had to modify the interface with an event structure so that I could use the PDA virtual keyboard to enter in the proper server address.

The Bluetooth portion of the demo actually works great!  When the data set is set to random, the PDA very quickly displays new random data on the LCD.

The problem occurs when I try to stop the VI.  Both the disconnect and Exit booleans are unresponsive when I tap their respective buttons.  My desired application will behave similarly to this demo which is why this is of concern to me.  Is there a better way to implement a continuous Bluetooth polling system but still retain the functionality of my front panel?

System specifications:
PDA Module 8.0.1
iPAQ hx2790
Windows Mobile 5.0.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,147 Views)
Hi,

Just by looking at the snapshot it is hard to tell what's going wrong. Since the bluetooth part is working fine, I would suggest that you try to strip the bluetooth part from your VI and run the VI in highlight execution mode. This should shed some light on what happens when you click on Stop or Exit buttons. If you still need help after that, please post your stripped VI here and someone from the community will be sure to help you out.  

Regards,
Ankita
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,118 Views)
Edit the event and uncheck "Lock front panel until...". Beware that this can lead to unexpected behavior, especially if you defined other user interface event handlers.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
Message 3 of 4
(3,107 Views)
pincpanter,
You hit the nail right on the head.  Thanks very much!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,100 Views)