Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDA Application Priority

Software:
Labview 7.1
PDA Module 7.1

Hardware:
target device: NP-606S (WIN CE 4.2)

We are able to program vi, and download them to the target device. This application runs only as long as we touch the touchscreen! As soon as we don't touch the touchscreen, the application seems to pause. (no update from the frontpanel)

any help?

sven & gaga
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,203 Views)
Does it stop immediately? Does it stop only when the screen goes dark? Maybe it waits for user input, either through a VI or through an event structure or maybe it's not running because the PDA is in sleep mode.
Another option is that it is running, but you just can't see that it's running. The PDA Module has some bugs when in comes to displaying things. How do you know it's not running?
I suggest you post your code and tell us more about what you expect the application to be doing and when exactly does it stop doing it.

(4,186 Views)
The display does not go dark. I see the application, but it only updates the front display, as long as i touch the touchscreen. As soon as i don't touch it anymore, it doesn't update the panel anymore. I'm still just "playing-around" with a simple vi that only show's the currenttime on the front panel. Second thing is, that buttons need to be taped 3-times, to function!
It seems to me, that the application is somekind of not focused. So it only runs when i tap the screen. The window also gets focused first, then the buttons get focused, and at last they work with the next tap.

Sven & Gaga
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,184 Views)
I'm sorry, I thought you were using a PDA. I never actually ran something on embedded CE, so I don't know the differences between it and regular windows.
The only think I can think about which would be LV related is if the code waits for user input. If this isn't so, then I don't know enough about embedded CE to help you.
BTW, To know whether or not it's still running, you can try using an independent method (like beeping or writing to a file).

(4,179 Views)
Yes, i'm using a PDA. One with Embedded Windows CE, and touchscreen. The Application is definitly not updating the frontpanel, because the time that should get displayed, is not running.

Sven & Gaga
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,171 Views)
A PDA is a palm sized device. The windows version for those devices is also called windows CE 4.20, but is generally called PocketPC, and is different from embedded CE. How different? Well, for one thing, it doesn't have windows...
The way I understand it, the NP-606s runs embedded CE, which is different from the CE running on PDAs, which is why I said I never used it.
I suggest you do what I suggested earlier - use a different method to make sure the program is (or isn't) running and post your code. I hope that once you post it, this will be much easier to solve.

(4,164 Views)
O.k., here is the application that i'm playing around with. It simply let's a LED blink slower or faster, depending on the button "faster". Any suggestons?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,154 Views)
The VI posted is not the same one your previous messages were about, is it? Your other posts refer to a timestamp indicator. At any rate, do you have the same problem with the VI you posted? By the looks of the code, the PDA should work fine whether you are touching the screen or not. I have not had a chance to run this on my pocketPC yet but programatically it looks OK. Have you looked at any of the settings in the PDA? Maybe your PDA "goes to sleep" if there is no activity on the screen.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,152 Views)
You are right, this is a "new" application. I made it, because it's much easier, and shows the proble better. Our targetdevice is not sleeping, it starts immediatly with this behavour. Can you try this on a targetdevice and see the priority?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,140 Views)
Just so that we will be perfectly clear about this - the LED doesn't blink? At all?
I'm asking, just to make sure, because you made the button's action switch until released, which means is has to be held down to be T, and I want to make sure this isn't your problem.
Once again, I suggest that you use an indepedent method (like writing to a file) to see whether the program is or isn't running. Then you will know whether this is only a display issue.
I can't run the code an a PDA either at the moment, but I don't think it matters, because (like I said earlier) according to this, the NP 606S isn't a PDA and its OS isn't identical to the one running on PDAs. I'm not sure how different they are, but I'm sure its enough to make it irrelevant. Have you tried asking IVC about this? Maybe they will have an answer.

(4,131 Views)