From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-7833R RTSI Bus

I'm in the process of integrating a second PCI-7833R into my project (a towable wideband echo repeater for submarine target emulation).

The first board does the actual echo repeating (acquisition, trigger filtering, and detection, etc.)

The second board will do optional signal generation and transmit equalization.

Could I use the RTSI Bus as a data bus between the two boards? The project manager seems to treat them as general purpose IO.
Where do I find the pinout and function description for the RTSI Bus Connector as this info is not in the PCI-7833R documentation.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,474 Views)

Hi,

Yes, you can use the RTSI Line. However, you will need to connect the two 7833R board together through the RTSI connector using RTSI cable.

The user manual for 78XX describes how to access and use the RTSI line on Page 36 (RTSI Trigger Bus). This knowledge base entry also provides the RTSI connector pinout for National Instruments PCI boards.

Tunde

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,441 Views)