LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6512 Square Wave

Hello,

I am trying to output a square wave from a PCI-6512 board. In my attempts, I have gotten errors about the number of data channels not matching the number of output channels, run into error trying to convert a waveform to an array readable by the DAQ assistant, and its beginning to look like this won't work. I am extremely new to labview/programming and am wondering if what am I attempting to do is even possible. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

John

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,345 Views)

Please post the vi you developed. How many channels you are trying to write?

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,342 Views)
I believe that card has software timed I/O so you can only write one sample at a time. A very basic VI would have DAQmx Write set for single channel/single sample/Boolean and a true as an input. Connect error out to a delay. Connect that error out to another DAQmx Write with a false as an input. Wire its error out to another delay function. The values of the delays determine pulse width and period. Since it is software timed, you will have considerable jitter due to the os. What sort of period are you hoping for.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,335 Views)

Right now I'm just trying to get one channel to output the wave.

PS Sorry about the front panel, I just noticed what a mess its become. I copied those VI's from a couple different attempts and didnt notice the front.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,334 Views)

I want a wave at 211 Hz, so that would be a period of 4.7ms

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,329 Views)

Here's a cleaned up version of that attachment

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,325 Views)