From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6251 reference analoge edge trigger not work with two channels?

Solved!
Go to solution
Thanks, I think you make it very clear now. I am going to try.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(1,415 Views)

I tried what you suggested. I input signals from AO0 and AO1, and used APFI as trigger signals (the same signals from AO0 or AO1). I did get trigger triggered. But the signal acquired is not what it should be. It should be a squar wave last 1 second. I got several sharp spikes.

For checking, I input just one signal AO0 or AO1, and used APFI as trigger channel. Trigger signal is same as AO0 or AO1. Everything is fine. I got what I should got.

Still I have problem for acquire two signals at the same time with reference trigger. I am thinking, this card has so many inputs. It should work with two channs.

Please advice.

Liming

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 24
(1,394 Views)

Hi Liming,

I'm not 100% sure that I follow what you are doing.  Is the following procedure correct?

-Connect AO0 to one of the AI Channels

-Connect AO1 to another AI Channel

-Connect either AO0 or AO1 to APFI0

-Output Square Wave on AO channels

-Use Analog Triggering off of APFI0 to acquire on both AI Channels

If that isn't the case let me know.  Could you post a screenshot of the spikes you are seeing and confirm your connections?

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24
(1,391 Views)

image.PNG

What you said are right on the connection. The above is what I see on the screen. I can not get into the measurement system today. I draw what I see per memerization.

Thank

liming

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24
(1,388 Views)

Can you please attach your code and a connection diagram when you have the chance.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 24
(1,383 Views)

Here is the program I used for acquiring data from 2 channels with third one APFI as trigger. Please check it.

Liming

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24
(1,363 Views)

Hi detech,

The connection diagram would be also helpful, as well as a screenshot of how your front panel is configured.  It would be helpful to know the following information:

DAQ_FP.png

Also, it woudln't hurt to post the screenshot after you've ran the test so we can take a look at the actual signal.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24
(1,355 Views)

Trigger source: APFI;

Chan : DEV1/AI8;

Chan: DEV1/AI0;

Input config: RSE (which is only one working wright)

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(1,351 Views)

Hi detech,

The code works fine on my system (using APFI0).   This is the result I get:

Front_Panel.png

The AI8 channel I just left unconnected--the sawtooth present is a result of ghosting.

This is how I have it connected:

Connections.png

Could you please provide the same information (screenshots of both the measured signal as well as how you have your signal connected).  I'd like to offer some advice but I don't really have any information to work with at this point.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24
(1,346 Views)

I should add that I did make one change--you had configured an Analog Window Trigger when it sounds like you wanted an Analog Edge Trigger.

Now that I think about it, this might explain the behavior you were seeing.  It was a bit confusing since the labels on your controls corresponded with those that would match up to an Analog Edge trigger.

Anyway, try changing the polymorphic trigger VI as follows:

old_new.png

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24
(1,345 Views)