LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6025E Set up analog in samples to read

I have PCI-6025E Maximum 200K Samples/second, 16 analog input and 12 bit resolution.
In NI DAQ Assistant, I would like to read 15 analog channels from ai0 to ai14.
Acquisition mode : N samples
Clock settings
     Samples to read:  10000
     Rate (Hz) : 10K

Advanced clock settings: Internal

When I apply these parameters to run, how many data points per channel do I received?
   Do I get 10000 samples per channel ai0, ai1,.... ai14?
    and 10K Hz ? What does this mean?   How long is the scan time for all 15 analog input channels?

or do I get 10000 samples per scan of the 15 channels ai0 to ai14?
   still unclear about 10KHz. 

How do I a search about this subject?
I would like to obtain the maximum number of samples per channel per scan? and the scan time is one second for 15 ai channels.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,544 Views)
Hi trout00,

The "Samples to read" and "Rate" settings in the DAQ Assistant are per channel values.  Thus, if you are reading 15 channels at a rate of 10 kHz, your aggregate sampling rate will be 150 kHz, which is within the limit of the device.  With the samples to read set to 10,000, the DAQ Assistant will not return until 10,000 samples are acquired on each channel.  This means that you will be acquiring 1 second of data on each channel.

I hope this clears things up a bit. 

Best regards,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,528 Views)
Thank Jarrod,
That is very helpful to me.
So the DAQAssistant  VI will run for one second every time it is called. (10K samples/ 10KHz)
During that time (one second), what if the operator clicks on a button in an event loop, will that event be captured?
 I don't design critical mission, but does the user have to re-click the button on the screen,  this will explain the reason,
the operator complains about the response of the mouse click for me.

you explain very well, NI should explain similarly in the help file.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,519 Views)
Hi trout00,

I assume you are referring to an event structure that is handling a mouse-click event.  Events will always be captured, regardless of what is going on in your program.  When these events are handled by your event structure greatly depends on the structure of your application.  If you have more questions about event structures or your program execution flow in general, please start a new thread on this subject. 

Best regards,
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,512 Views)