LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PATTERN RECOGNITION DEFECT ON NORMAL AND DEFECT BELT DRIVER SUBJECTED TO VIBRATION SIGNAL

hai!  i'm still student.. so beginner bout labview... i know just a little bit.. fyi, i'm doing the final project final year at UTHM... can u make me a block diagram?  i will use hardware dewesoft 201 (vibration analyzer) also accelerometer (sensor) to detect the vibration signal on the belt drive system. Two types belt drive system that are normal pattern and not normal (wear,broken edge,low tension). so normal pattern will become reference pattern to make comparison with not normal pattern.  i hope u can do it for me. the file format .vi can i get it? can u send me at my email? thanks you very much.. 

forget something. so the expect output are : frequency graph, spectrum graph, amplitude versus frequency graph, and FFT 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,311 Views)

forget something. so the expect output are : frequency graph, spectrum graph, amplitude versus frequency graph, and FFT  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,306 Views)

The people on this Forum are mostly volunteers and all of us have been students at some time or other.  We are glad to help you yo learn about LabVIEW (LV) or to help with specific issues regarding your project, but we will not do it for you!  That is why you are a student - to learn how to do these kinds of things.

If you do not know much about LV, the place to start is with the on-line tutorials.

When you have done that, then you need to define your problem. Start by identifying what you have and what you need to get.  It appears that you have a project definition statement. Now expand upon that: How do you expect to measure the vibration signal?  Do you have transducers and signal conditioners or do you need to specify and obtain them?  Do you have a data acquisition device?  Have you defined machine speeds, vibrational frequencies, and consequently, signal bandwidths and data acquisition rates?

After that you can begin to design your software architecture.  When the architecture is specified then you can design the flow chart or the state diagram.  After tath you can begin to writhe code in LV.

If you have specific questions about items near the top of this list, please post them along with your attempts to address them yourself.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,297 Views)

ok thanks.. but can i know what types hardware should have on my experiment? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,269 Views)

Types of hardware: In your first post you mentioned a vibration analyzer and accelerometer, so it seems that you already have some hardware.  How does the vibration analyzer communicate with the computer? GPIB, Serial, Ethernet, USB<Analog Voltage, Other?  Are software drivers available?  What is the format of the data coming from the analyzer? How fast is the data sent?  How much data is sent for each measurement?  How do you send commands to the analyzer or synchronize with it?

Do you need a belt speed sensor? Is one available on the machine? If so, what are its characteristics?

Are there other parameters which may also need to be measured?

The answers to these questions will help you decide what additional hardware you may need, such as a GPIB to Ethernet interface.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,259 Views)