LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlay IMAQ with a Picture Control on a Real-time Target

Hello everyone,

I want to draw the contents of a picture control over an imaq image on a CVS-1458RT (no picture to pixmap.vi available on a realtime target). How can I do this?

Cheers,

Soheyl

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,885 Views)

Hi Soheyl!

Can you explain your overall architecture of your application a little bit more?  Is it possible to do this processing on a Host PC as opposed to the  CVS-1458RT?

Also, we have some shipping examples for using Overlays in the NI Example Finder.  They can be found easiest by selecting "Directory Structure" from within the Browse tab, and then Navigating to "Vision"->"Overlay Utilities".  Do any of these examples accomplish what you are trying to do?

Thanks!

Tucker
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,844 Views)

Hi Tucker,

The CVS acquires the images from a GigE camera. I want to overwrite part of the image with the current representation of a picture indicator. The frames are stored on the CVS and are downloaded to a server at certain intervals. Using an additional PC for each CVS and camera installation will require adding a PC to each system which will increase the costs and is not feasible. Storing the pictures as a separate file and transfering it at the end of period will: 1- use more space on the CVS, and 2- increase the amount of data that is supposed to be transferred (already heavy traffic). That's why I need to do the overwrite on the CVS.

I am familiar with the normal overlay and draw subVIs, and have already done this on a PC instead of a CVS using the Picture to Pixmap.vi. However, for some reason, Picture to Pixmap is not available on CVS.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,834 Views)

Hi Soheyl!

From my current understanding, the Picture to Pixmap function is a Windows specific function, so it would not show up on the RT Target.  Is it possible for you to use the IMAQ Overlay functions that should be available in the "Vision and Motion"->"Vision Utilities" palette?

Also, would it be possible for you to provide an example of your image, the image to be overlayed, and the desired resulting image?  This will help the community take a closer look into the issue!

Thanks!

Tucker
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,813 Views)