From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outputting different analog signals across 4 outputs

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I need some help outputting 4 different analog signals from the PCI 6711 board.  I plan to use the function waveform vi from the analog generation pallette.  My goal is to be able to enter in the 4 necessary functions, there sampling information, and then output them from the four available analog outputs available on the board.  I've seen the example code for outputting across multiple lines, but it doesn't seem like it is able to create unique waveforms across the outputs, they are all the same waveform.  I've attached what i thought would work, but i can't get my number of lines in data to match my number of lines in task. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,192 Views)

Look like you're using the wrong Write function.

You should be doing N Channels N Samples.

Message 2 of 3
(2,183 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author EESteve1992

More specifically, choose the polymorphic instance of Analog->Multiple Channels->Multiple Samples->1D Waveform.

Your current instance that you chose is for just a single line.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 3
(2,178 Views)