LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output sample clock from DAQ on 9215, 9211 and 9237 to generate a trigger on 9401 and acquire snaps with IMAQdx

Hi all,

I was wondering how I could use a derivative of the sample clock (for example 1/500 of the frequency I'm sampling my 9215, 9211 and 9237 with) as a trigger for other hardware (with a rising edge pulse coming from the 9401) and as trigger for the snap with IMAQdx (4 cameras). So I need to have 3 different frequencies (but synchronised) for 1) the DAQ with 9215, 9211 and 9237 2) taking the pictures with IMAQdx 3) triggering the third party hardware. The NI modules are placed in a cDAQ-9174 box.

In total I'll have 2 strain gauges on the 9237, a thermocouple on the 9211 and 3 voltage signals on the 9215 (force, displacement and extensometer). With the IMAQdx software I need to snap pictures from 2 firewire and 2 USB cameras which I have +- synced with flat sequences but this can be changed if needed.

I've looked at some example projects and read some other messages here on the forum and on other threads as well but I can't seem to figure it out. It's a lot with the different clocks and stuff when you've only been using labview for 2 weeks...

Thanks in advance,

Cedric

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,943 Views)

By the way, I also have the cDAQ-9172 available and some USB modules but I don't know what these do and if they're of any added value to my project, these are the NI USB-6009 and NI USB-232. When other hardware should be necessary I might be able to get it from the people I'm working for but I'd rather do things with what's available (if possible).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,892 Views)

Hi Cedric,

So I'm guessing the modules will be in the cDAQ, the cameras directly into your PC and also the third party hardware. You can share a clock and trigger across multiple devices using DAQmx timing and DQAmx trigger vis and choose a clock source. You can also specify different rates for the clock for different peices of harware using the same DAQmx timing vis mentioned.

Hope this helps,

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,762 Views)