From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output Large Buffer of Data onto NI 9263

I am trying to output a large buffer of 10M points (Finite Samples) on NI 9263 AO terminal using the internal clk. However, I get the following error:

"Error -200946 occurred at an unidentified location

Possible reason(s):

Task could not be started, because the driver could not write enough data to the device. This was due to system and/or bus-bandwidth limitations.

Reduce the number of programs your computer is executing concurrently. If possible, perform operations with heavy bus usage sequentially instead of in parallel. If you can't eliminate the problem, contact National Instruments support at ni.com/support."

I would NOT get this error with USB DAQ 6001 AO and I am wondering why am I getting this error working with NI 9263 isntalled on cDAQ 9174.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,388 Views)

Hi pegahm,

split this large waveform into smaller parts, then output them one after the other.

There are example VIs in the example finder that explain this kind of DAQmx usage…

Btw. did you contact NI for this problem as mentioned in the error description?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,335 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Are you suggesting that I use Continuous Samples, non-regeneration output mode. Is "Voltage (non-regeneration) - Continuous Output.vi" the example you were referring to?

Yes, I have contacted them but I haven't heard back from them yet.

Regards,

Pegah

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,314 Views)

Hi pegahm,

yes, that's the example I'm referring to!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,302 Views)

Hi Pegah,

The workaround to use continuous samples should work, seeing as though you're technically regenerating the buffer as opposed to using Finite Samples, which does not. In addition, there has been another forum post on the error and the workaround was to put DAQmx Write before the DAQmx start inside of the while loop. That might do the trick, though the forum post didn't mark it as resolved. Let us know!

Thanks.

Aulia V.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,274 Views)