LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oscilloscope VI's

So I have been trying to create, or find a pre existing VI, of an Oscilloscope that allows me to wire in the voltages that it reads, like from a DAQ card. So far I haven't had much luck. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,009 Views)

@winterfresh11 wrote:

So I have been trying to create, or find a pre existing VI, of an Oscilloscope that allows me to wire in the voltages that it reads, like from a DAQ card. So far I haven't had much luck. Any ideas?

I have an idea.  How about telling us what kind of scope it is?  (Make/model)  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,008 Views)

I don't have a Oscilloscope, I'm trying to make one on LabView or find one that lets you wire in your own voltages from a DAQ card.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,002 Views)

@winterfresh11 wrote:

I don't have a Oscilloscope, I'm trying to make one on LabView or find one that lets you wire in your own voltages from a DAQ card.

Sorry - I thought you were trying to make a real Oscope work with LabVIEW!  Wat have you tried so far?  It seems all you need is a chart to display your data?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,993 Views)

Essentially yes, all I really need is a waveform graph that displays my data. I have this but the problem is that it isn't triggered so my data flows through the screen, its not stable in one place like an oscilloscope. Its very simple but it works.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,987 Views)

@winterfresh11 wrote:

Essentially yes, all I really need is a waveform graph that displays my data. I have this but the problem is that it isn't triggered so my data flows through the screen, its not stable in one place like an oscilloscope. Its very simple but it works.

AH, you want a "Waveform Chart" with the "Chart History Length" set to the number of samples you want and an update mode set to "Scope Chart"

(Then read smaller chunks at a time so the chart actually updates at a pleasing rate for the user)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,980 Views)

Thanks!, that seems to be closer to what I want, but how would you trigger it to just read on section of the data so the data isn't constantly moving across the chart?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,971 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,921 Views)
You must not be very familiar with a scope if you don't understand the nature of a trigger and why the display is 'stable'. A DAQ card can be set for continuous acquisition and your 'stable' display may be meaningless in any case.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,912 Views)