LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original VI reference Vs 'Inserted VI' Ref

@zyl7 wrote:

How do you get this VI clone name ?

There's a clone name property which returns it if you call it on the VI reference. The name is indeed unique to each instance of the VI, including those created dynamically. Basically, it's the VI name with a number after it.

Hello,

That's a nice idea Jack.

zyl7, you'll find a example on the community here.

Regards,

Mathieu P. | Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
National Instruments France

Journées techniques : des fondamentaux aux dernières technologies pour la mesure et le contrôle/comm...

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(368 Views)

Hi,

The tunraround can be done in numerous ways, and Jack & Tst ideas are more than great (like always !).

The main idea of this thread is to understand how this new property node 'Inserted VI' works. There is a big lack of documentation on this point ! 

Mathieu, being part of NI staff, could you provide us more information about this node and how it works ?

Thanks a lot ! Merci !

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(365 Views)

Hi everyone,

I'm currently OoO, sorry for the delay.

According to the informations I've found, it seams that the SubPanel keeps the information about the VI to use but not the reference. So when you use the Inserted VI property node, as it hasn't kept the RefNum, it creates another VI Reference.

I must say that I would also have expected the same behaviour as you before you pointed that thing.

Regards,

Mathieu P. | Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
National Instruments France

Journées techniques : des fondamentaux aux dernières technologies pour la mesure et le contrôle/comm...

Message 14 of 14
(351 Views)