LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering the storage of file data into an array

But in some case i won't want to wire some of the inputs but the default value will be passed. Is there a way to stop this happening? 

Thanks, 

Stephen

Labview 14.0, Labview 12.0
CLAD
Mechanical Engineering Student
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(931 Views)

By using the unbundle and bundle you can read and write to every individual element in the cluster.  Youll have to figure out the lower level of that, but yes you can write to only the select elements.  Give a label to every element you plan to write to and use the bundle by name. I say bundle by name to help with clarity and orginization. If you do not label the element then it will not appear an option to write to in the bundle by name.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(929 Views)

This is what I do, the problem is that when I don't wire up certain input its writes the default values to the cluster which I don't want. The picture shows my code. 

Thanks 

Stephen

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(927 Views)

This is what I do, the problem is that when I don't wire up certain input its writes the default values to the cluster which I don't want. The picture shows my code. 

Thanks 

Stephen

CLAD
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(927 Views)

In those images all the values appear to be wired and the code will write the value of the control to that element in the cluster, default or not. Youll need to create code to select which controls to write to file and which ones to not. Possibly give the user the option to select which values to update by using a checkbox or force them to update all values every time they write to file.

When you have the ini file configuration working you can simply pull all the controls defaults from the ini file and then when the user changes a single one, just update all controls. 

Does that help?

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(918 Views)