LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order of Execution with Play Waveform

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to figure out how to control which order the sound files are played when set-up like this. It does not run them from top to bottom as I assumed it might. How do I control this order? Im sure there is a better way to wire it as well I am just unsure of how. Maybe that will make determing the order the files are played easier? Thanks you sample VI attached below

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,658 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author leviheil

As you have just discovered, LabVIEW is an inherently parallel language, governed by Data Flow (data travel through wires, usually from Origin to Destination).  To ensure order, you need to use Data Flow.  One particular wire that many beginners, includiing you, often ignore is the Error Line.  Most VIs, including the Express VIs in your example, have an Error In and Error Out.  If you wire the Error Out from one Express VI to the Error In of the second, and its Error Out to the Error In of the third, and its Error Out to the Error In of the fourth, the sounds will play in the order 1, 2, 3, 4.  If you change the Error In/Out wiring, you can change the order of sound presentation.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 2
(2,646 Views)