LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening Build Specification - Error 7 occurred at Get LV Class Default Value.vi

I recently ported my project to a new PC. Everything seems to run fine uncompiled, and I am able to build an executable without issue. However, my build specification shows up in the project explorer with question mark next to it. When I try to build again or edit the properties I get a popup with the information below:

Error 7 occurred at Get LV Class Default Value.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: File not found. The file might be in a different location or deleted. Use the command prompt or the file explorer to verify that the path is correct.
=========================
NI-488: Nonexistent GPIB interface.

Complete call chain:
Get LV Class Default Value.vi
AB_UI_Initialize_Framework.vi
AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi
AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi
AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller

LabVIEW attempted to load the class at this path:
<Empty Path>

I've seen messages from people getting the same error when trying to run a compiled executable, but mine actually runs fine. I am just unable to open the build specification to rebuild or edit its properties.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,452 Views)

Hi,

In order to determine where this error may be coming from, it would be a good idea to get some more information about your application.

Are you using a Real-Time operating system or the Report Generation Toolkit?

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,424 Views)

This application is for a Windows machine, and I am not using the Report Generation Toolkit. However, I shut down my computer last night and when I booted it up this morning my Build Specification now opens fine and I am able to edit it. My only thought as to why it occured in the first place is that I had added several files to user.lib and instr.lib and restarted LabVIEW, but it appears that it required my computer to be restarted as well.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,418 Views)

It is very possible that the computer needed to be restarted to complete the configuration changes made to the new PC. I am glad you were able to resolve the issue!

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,382 Views)