From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenG Toolkit for LabVIEW 2012?

I'm trying to install OpenG Tooklit using VI Package Manager. The LabVIEW 2012 is registered in VIPM and VIPM successfully connects to LabVIEW. But when I'm trying to install the package, VIPM says that "This package is not compatible with your operating system or any LabVIEW version installed on your computer".

The package is displayed in LabVIEW tool network VIPM window where I get from the LabVIEW's welcome screen. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Any idea?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(6,244 Views)

Arkady_V,

Can you provide the screenshot of the error message?

Also, what version of VIPM and OS are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(6,194 Views)

Ashish,

see attached. VIPM is 2012.0.1 build 1818, and OS is Windows XP Service Pack 3.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(6,181 Views)

Arkady_V,

I was able to install the OpenG Toolkit on my Win XP SP3 virtual machine.

Can you try to redownload and reinstall VIPM?

- Uninstall current VIPM

- Delete the following folders manually: 

C:\ProgramData\JKI\VIPM 

C:\Program Files (x86)\JKI\VI Package Manager

- Download VIPM: jki.net/vipm/download

- Install newly downloaded VIPM

If you need any additional support, please send us an email on support@jki.net

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(6,151 Views)

Ashish,

Thank you for response. Unfortunately I'm out of the office now and can't try it on my work PC. But well, at home I successfully installed OpenG on both my Win7-64 and WinXP SP3 running in VMWare. I'll try to uninstall and reinstall VIPM at work on Monday.

Don't you think the problem can have something to do with WebSense that blocks almost all network traffic including driver downloads from ni.com? I'm able to install some packages at work using VIPM, but not all of them, but sometimes downloading and installing from local HDD works. Can it be the case with OpenG? Do you know there is any way to download it and install from a hard drive?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(6,139 Views)

Arkady_V,

Certainly blocking network traffic can potentially result in such behavior. So, the issue is not specific to OpenG Toolkit but some other packages as well.

One thing you can try is to get public link from your home PC and then download it on your office PC: http://screencast.com/t/CXcETAcX6

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(6,132 Views)

Thank you, Ashish.

But the link looks like "vipm://ogrsc_builder?repo_url=http://www.jkisoft.com/packages", it redirects to VIPM, and I think it's the same link that VIPM follows when I normally select OpenG to download. And actually it starts downloading but fails at some point. What I'm looking for is a way to download OpenG using browser, may be even not at work PC but somewhere else. There is link on NI.COM to direct download, but there is just a couple of 4 Kb files on that FTP server.

Can I just copy the installed OpenG (\\user.lib\_OpenG.lib) from my home PC to work PC? Or it will not work properly?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(6,129 Views)

Arkady_V,

Out of so many cool features in VIPM Pro, one feature is to allow the user to create a VI Package Configuration that contains multiple packages. You can use this feature on your home PC to build a configuration and copy that over to your work PC and install the packages using VIPM.

Here is link to know more about it: http://support.jki.net/entries/20646062-How-to-use-VI-Package-Configurations-VIPC-

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(6,078 Views)

Hi all,

i have experienced the same problem and have already checked everything, which was written in the article with no luck.

My situation is following: I have a typical user account (no admin) in an enterprise network with firewall, VIPM and LabView were installed with admin rights. Firewall settings allow VIPM and LabView go through the Firewall and all the listings for the VIPM are being downloaded without any problems. The installation fails after accepting the license agreement and with the message:  "This package is not compatible with your operating system or any LabVIEW version installed on your computer".

Can VIPM install packages without admin right at all?

What can I do to solve the problem at my working station?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(5,708 Views)

I do not know if VIPM can install packages without Admin rights.  It places files in the Program Files folder and this may not be allowed if you aren't an administrator.

This is not a VIPM or JKI forum.  You are welcome to ask questions regarding VIPM here but you may get more support over at the VIPM Forum.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(5,691 Views)