From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open excel sheet by sheet name .... subvi not closing

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I am experimenting with excel and labview and I want to open an excel sheet by its name.  I have created a project with a main vi where I hit a button to start the process.

When this button gets hit an event handler opens my subvi that actually asks for a file, then scans all the sheet names and then in this subvi I have another subvi that pops up and gets this sheet names.  When I hit OK this one should close and the first subvi should continue.  This all works fine and I am able to read the preferred sheet name but the subvi that asks for sheet name to read does not close.  When I run this subvi by itself then it closes when I hit ok.

I have added the whole project here so if anybody could have a look at it and tell me what I am doing wrong I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Lieven

Download All
Message 1 of 3
(2,286 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LievenD

Ok .... I've found the problem thanks to another post on the forum.  I changed the window appearance to dialog which solved the problem.

Lieven

Message 2 of 3
(2,277 Views)

Your code helped me to make a list of sheet names, thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,033 Views)