From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open VISA Session Monitor.vi

This is a vi that is located in \vi.lib\Utility\visa.llb. Did anybody ever had it worked? I started 2 VISA sessions on test equipment (a power meter connected to USB and a signal generator connected to a gpib-usb) and the number of open sessions indicated 0 when there was clearly 2 open sessions.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,285 Views)

Hi Ben,

Can you specify your error ? Did you try to send commands to your instruments when you think that your session is open ?

BR,

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,252 Views)

@Vincent90 wrote:

Hi Ben,

Can you specify your error ? Did you try to send commands to your instruments when you think that your session is open ?

BR,

Vincent

There is no error generated, the open VISA sessions just doesn't show up and the Open Sessions.vi return an empty array of references. The issue seems to be with this vi but we can't look at the diagram since it is password protected.

I was running continuous acquisitions and the VISA resource name controls was showing 2 open sessions (the small computers icon beside the resource name).

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,230 Views)

Hi,

I found the 'Open Sessions.VI' present in vi.lib/utility/visa.llb to be unreliable. Has anyone else had similar experiences with this utility VI?

For example as can be seen below, the list of current open sessions generates by this VI is wrong. When compared with the visa resource name control, it can be seen that some of the sessions are not listed and some of the sessions are listed twice.

Open_Visa_Sessions.png

Does anyone know of any other VI that can be used to find out the list of  open visa sessions ?

Thanks and Regards,
Supreeth.K

Message 4 of 6
(4,889 Views)

Hi Supreeth,

I altered NI's find COMS vi.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,865 Views)

Simpler code would use an autoindexing tunnel, then you can get rid of the Index Array inside the loop.

Also, you should be using Build Array and not Insert into Array.  Then you can get rid of the integer shift register.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,849 Views)