LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open URL in Default Browser

I am using the Open URL in Default Browser.vi to transfer a string of data into a url. The browser opens over the labview window when this takes place. Since I will be writing data once a minute, I would like the window to stay minimized or not even open. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,340 Views)
Well somewhere the function 'open url in default browser' is called with a valid URL.

You should just remove this function from the code, In that way the browser isn't called.

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,318 Views)

Hi Jasonalan.

If You are using ActiveX Calls, You can just put in a Property Node, using the "Visible" property. Change it to "Write", and wire a "False"-Constant to it.

See attachment.

Don't forget to rate a good Answer....
---------------------------------------------------------
Here should be some cool signature

But there's NOT

LabVIEW 2012-2017
---------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,287 Views)

thanks BCL@Servodan for this vi it was very useful. I am working in project where i have sevral URL to be executed One By One. Right now i am using internet explorer and each time i execute a URL w new window is opened. the question is how can i opened all this url the same window and if it is possible in the same tab

Cordialement

M.Safouene

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,805 Views)

Hi M.Safouene,

It appears that this thread is seven years old.  I would recommend creating a new thread beacuse you would have better luck getting a quality response. 

Thanks,

John R.

John R.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,782 Views)

The attached vi will work in windows.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,764 Views)

hi Jordan