LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Office changes file format?

I have been using Open Office to cut and paste text from web pages.  I have been doing this for years.

Suddenly, maybe because I was using a macro script that went awry, when I paste text it does not retain the hyperlinks.  In other words, all of a sudden, the text is displayed in the file as if it was flat, ascii, .text format.

I have tried a number of things to switch it back.  I tried first saving the file as a web page and then tried pasting the text from a web page.  That did not work.  I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the Open Office software.  That, suprisingly, did not work.  I even uninstalled the software, then used CCleaner and reinstalled it.  Even that did not work.

i thought it might even be a memory issue, so I closed all other programs and tried.  That did not work.

Please help, if you have any suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,589 Views)

Since you posted in the LabVIEW forum, I assume this has something to do with LabVIEW.

For some reason I don't see the connection. Can you explain?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,587 Views)

I cannot speak of this, for I am just a messenger.  I know not of this LabView, I only desire that it has an association that is unseen to me.

I type this whilst The 10 Commandments are being broadcast on ABC televieion as I write.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,582 Views)

Then please keep it all in the right place. Posting here is offtopic.

Maybe you should not post and watch TV at the same time. 😄

Message 4 of 10
(2,578 Views)

Haha this thread is class!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,547 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Since you posted in the LabVIEW forum, I assume this has something to do with LabVIEW.

For some reason I don't see the connection. Can you explain?

@Xarzu wrote:

I cannot speak of this, for I am just a messenger.  I know not of this LabView, I only desire that it has an association that is unseen to me.

I type this whilst The 10 Commandments are being broadcast on ABC televieion as I write.

Well, Moses was essentially just a messenger, so maybe that's the connection?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,531 Views)

Is there an open office discussion forum here?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,509 Views)

Of course not. You should be able to see this yourself. Do you even understand what National Instruments is?

Edit - apparently you have a history of posting inappropiate questions to the forums here.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,503 Views)
Judging from the link I gave in reply #4, you already posted the same question in the openoffice forum, and you got some good replies. As already said, your question does not belong here. It would equally not belong in a forum about scuba diving, rockclimbing, or astronomy, for example. Of course maybe your strategy was to post in a place where the smartest in the world hang out. Granted, you found us! 😄
Message 9 of 10
(2,484 Views)

Clear browser cookies and cache.  Doing that is always the answer.  Always.

Know what annoys me?  When I move or delete something from my desktop on this win7 machine, I have to F5 to get that file to appear/disappear.  Where is THAT setting?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,480 Views)