LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Channel Signal and Blinking of Boolean Button

I have a channel which gets its signal from a Hall Effect Sensor connected to that channel, and this channel signal goes into my DAQ device.  Also, I have a Boolean button that associated what that channel.  I am trying to code my application such that when that channel signal is 'Open", that is when there is nothing coming in to the DAQ device from that particular channel, then the Boolean Button on my Front Panel should start Blinking.

Folks, I would appreciate any coding steps or example vi if really possible from anyone.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,274 Views)
What have you done so far? In the test panel in MAX, have you looked at the difference between the two conditions?

Have you taken any of the free tutorials? Have you looked at the basic condition palette (i.e. gt, lt, etc.)? Do you know what a case statement is? Have you looked at the blinking property of a Boolean?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,264 Views)

Thanks for your response, even though I wonder how your series of questions is of help.  Just to asnwer your questions:  I don't understand what you mean by what I have done so far.  In MAX, I have my Input Voltage settings as from -10V to 10V, and also hard configured on my DAQmx function that is on my Block Diagram.  Again, I don't understand by the differences between the two conditions.

Yes, I have taken series of Free tutorials, but I am not expected to know everything about LabVIEW after taking Free tutorials.  Once more, I don't understand by your basic condition paletter (i.e gt, lt, etc)? comment.

Of Course, I know what a Case Structure Statement is and how it works.  Yes, I have looked at the Blinking Property Node of a Boolean Button and have used it on my application in the past.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,258 Views)
Well, I'm not going to do your homework so I gave you several hints.

I don't understand why you are having such difficulty. The configuration is irrelevant. It's the test panel that will show the difference between s capture with and without a signal in. Say for example a valid signal returns x volts and no signal returns y. Couldn't you do a lt or gt comparison in this case? I don't have your hardware so you will have to do this basic experiment. Any further helpwill require you to post something more substantial such as images from the test panels.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,251 Views)