From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online download of LV2012 Developer Suite?

Solved!
Go to solution

Howdy,

I'm looking to purchase LV2012 Developer Suite, but was wondering how I would be getting the software.  Do I have to wait for NI to ship me the physical copy, or can I download the full suite from the NI website after I purchase it online?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,794 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeanius
The answer is yes -- and no. You can download just about anything and it will work in evaluation mode for some period of time until you enter a serial number. You will get your serial number with your physical media.

The problem is that the downloads are very large. Remember you are downloading the equivalent of a couple DVDs of stuff. Moreover, you can't download the developers suite... only the individual pieces of it.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 7
(2,784 Views)

Are the individual pieces of the developer suite all available online, such that I could download each individual piece separately and enter the serial numbers when they come in?  Just a clarification, thank you for your reply!

Edit:  Meaning could I get all the pieces of the developer suite online that I would get in the mail?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,782 Views)
Yes, all the major pieces are there. There may be a few minor toolboxes that you can't download. What are you going to be buying?

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,778 Views)

We are looking to get the developer suite.  The toolboxes are less of a concern than is the application builder, but feel that if we're spending 5k, 6k for all the bells and whistles (including PID and fuzzy logic) might not be a bad idea.  We do have a concern about the number of computers we are installing this on.  I am out of town and will be working on my laptop, but would also like to install this on my desktop.  Most likely I'll be the only user, but would like to have this on both of my PCs.  Do I need to get separate licenses for each install?

While I've got your attention (you're trapped now! 🙂 ) would I be able to build both 32-bit and 64-bit applications with the 64-bit version of LV2012?  Or am I limited to the variety of run-time engine included in the installer?  In that case, is there a way to get both 32- and 64-bit run-time engines with one installer?  Not that we're aiming for a 64-bit market, just wondering, 32-bit should suffice.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,774 Views)
Do you need separate licences for you work computer and you laptop- no. There is also no added license needed for compiled applications that you install on other computers.
Can you build 32- and 64-bit applications with the 64-bit version of LV? No. 32-bit LV will build 32-bit apps ans 64-bit LV will build 64-bit apps.
Is there a way to include both 32-bit and 64-bit executables in the same installer? Don't think so but you should check with your local sales rep.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,768 Views)

Thanks very much for your time!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7