From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One more Unicode question

Solved!
Go to solution

So here's the story so far:

By enabling Unicode through the LabVIEW.ini (UseUnicode=true), I've been able to develop quite a nice translation package.  Furthermore, when I build an executable and run it, it works also.  But when I deploy it on another computer - either by running it from the release folder or actually installing it with an installer - it displays garbage.  Not even pseudo-Chinese garbage - just squares that I think means unprintable characters.

Anyone know how to work around this issue?  I'll be actively trying stuff and letting you know my progress.

Oh, dev machine is Win7 and target is WinXP.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,464 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author billko

Do you have the proper languages enabled on the XP machine?  I *think* they're disabled by default, but I haven't touched XP in quite awhile.

Control Panel >> Regional Options and Language Settings >> Languages

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,421 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author billko

@Drew_H wrote:

Do you have the proper languages enabled on the XP machine?  I *think* they're disabled by default, but I haven't touched XP in quite awhile.

Control Panel >> Regional Options and Language Settings >> Languages

You know, I was thinking the same thing when I got in this morning.  Only problem is - I can't find anyone who has an install disc!!!  Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,396 Views)

Confirmed.  That was the issue.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,379 Views)