LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One axis of wave chart cannot change away from automatic formatting

Solved!
Go to solution

Refer attached vi and picture. I can change the other two y axis to floating point, but I cannot change the "acceleration x,y,z" from automatic formating to floating point; whenever I click floating point, the highlight returns back to automatic formating.

Now why is that, some setting wrong some where? graph axis.JPG

Message Edited by sunflower2772 on 09-13-2009 08:00 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,425 Views)
Solution
Accepted by sunflower2772

Hello Sunflower2772,

I've opened your VI in both LabVIEW 8.6 and LabVIEW 2009, and could see the same behaviour in both versions.

After that, I tried a few things:

- I deleted all other scales except for the "acceleration x, y, z", but it was still the same.

- I duplicated the "acceleration x,y,z" scale, so now there are two scales - "acceleration x,y,z" and "acceleration x,y,z 2". I shifted all but 1 of the plots to use "acceleration x,y,z 2". The result was still the same.

It is really a strange behaviour, it looks to me like it could be a bug. Do you have the exact steps to replicate this problem?

Anyway, I managed to get a workaround. Using one of the normal scales "Heave, roll, pitch", I duplicated that scale by right-clicking on "Heave, roll, pitch" axis, and select "Duplicate Scale". This duplicated scale can be assigned to the individual plots again, and the display format will not be "fixed" to the automatic formatting option.

Please try it out and let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Victor

Message 2 of 3
(2,365 Views)

lhaoxian wrote:

It is really a strange behaviour, it looks to me like it could be a bug.

Once you confirm it, could you please post a CAR?

Thanks,

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,359 Views)