LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Function in DLL wont work un till it is used seprately

Hi All,

I am using LabVIEW 2010 Windows 7 (32 bit computer)

I am using a DLL which is been provided by vendor, that specific DLL has many functions

This DLL was used in labview and coded and running fine in windows XP.

I upgraded my computer to windows 7 and i was getting error with one specific function in DLL rest all functions were working fine.

I tried many times but still i was getting error in only one function but same function and inputs to the function was same was working good in Windows xp.

i was getting error in  CasSetSerialNumber function so what i did i made new VI which initializes and then calls CasSetSerialNumber function and then close.

This time there was no error. And i went back to my main VI everything worked fine.

My question is i was getting error from one function in DLL and it got resolved when i used it new vi. So what is that i should do in future so that my colleagues should not face the same error?

I tried same exercise in other computer and I was getting same error until I used that function in New VI

Thanks in Advance

Venky

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,566 Views)

Is is possible to post the error code which was returned by the function?

I presume, that the dll was being called by an exe in Windows xp and now the same exe alongwith dll returns an error in the window 7 machine for the  CasSetSerialNumber function alone.

Did registering the dll help? (http://www.wikihow.com/Register-a-DLL)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,540 Views)

Hi Thanks for your Reply,

Please find the attached pic of the error while running the VI on windows 7.

Yes The EXE was running fine in Windows XP and we were geting error in Windows 7

No I dint try Register DLL because many sites were telling No need to register DLL

http://forums.codeguru.com/showthread.php?307450-Why-Register-a-DLL&p=1002746#post1002746

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,503 Views)