LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On/Off switch for dual speed flashing LED

The program has a switch which toggles the speed of the flashing LED (slow/fast flash) and I want to know how would I include an on/off switch for the LED?

Where the on option is default and the off option stops the flashing and the program should run continously. Do I use another case structure for this switch?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,019 Views)

@invenTelec wrote:

The program has a switch which toggles the speed of the flashing LED (slow/fast flash) and I want to know how would I include an on/off switch for the LED?

Where the on option is default and the off option stops the flashing and the program should run continously. Do I use another case structure for this switch?

Boolean AND function between the wire that you currently have running the LED and the result of your POWER switch will do the trick very simply. Two versions attached- One using the variable format you started (which is frowned upon) and one using property nodes.

I also added a way to stop your WHILE loop. VIs should have a way to terminate themself. The toolbar Stop Sign is an "Abort" function and should be used as a last resort.

Jeff Zola

Jeffrey Zola
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,995 Views)