From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ohaus Scout Pro Labview Interface

I am trying to get a mass reading from my Ohaus Scout Pro scale to read on Labview.  The scale is connected to my computer via a USB connnection.  I have downloaded the VI "ohsp continuous measurement.vi".  When I run the program I get the following error..."Error -1073807202 occurred at VISA Open in ohsp Initialize.vi->ohsp Continuous Measurement.vi"  I have the serial configurations matching in the program to what the scale is putting out.  Any solutions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,293 Views)

Did you read the error message that comes with that code (Help>Explain Error)? Did you do a search here for that code. It has nothing at all to do with the serial configuration. It has everything to do with not installing NI-VISA.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,286 Views)

So just download NI VISA from NI's website?  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,281 Views)

Or install it from your LabVIEW distribution DVDs.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,273 Views)

Hello,

I am not a labview expert but I just wanted to make sure your Scout Pro is communicating. If you need help on that  please let me know. My email address is tom.lang@ohaus.com .

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,254 Views)

Where is this VI located?

I've been looking for a continuous measurement VI for my Ohaus Scale.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,970 Views)
There are drivers from NI. Help> Find Instrument Drivers. They are listed by model number, i.e spnnn
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,964 Views)