From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ocean Optics USB4000 Spectrometer

I'm using 2015, but I also have 2013 and I may have 8. I need to check if my license is still valid. I have tried using NI VISA 5.4 and 5.2, but neither fix the timeout issue in VISA Read.
0 Kudos
Message 251 of 277
(1,183 Views)
If it helps I can post a trace of the usb in a few hours, but it basically shows that it's timing out when reading 512x8 data for read spectrum.
0 Kudos
Message 252 of 277
(1,187 Views)

The timeout can be fixed easily but there are two more serious errors.

Your license supports all older versions, that should not be a problem.

I'll send you the software directly if you send your email address in a private mail.

my email address is already known widely:  albert.geven@gmail.com

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 253 of 277
(1,181 Views)

And again also as image for those having trouble to open the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 254 of 277
(1,171 Views)
Thanks Oliver, I'll try this .NET method again when I get a chance. At this point I'm used so used to switching between drivers I should be able to try both until one works :).
0 Kudos
Message 255 of 277
(1,163 Views)

The net method works great. It has a lot of sub vi's that allow many options. I have been able to successfully install it. Let me know if you need help.

0 Kudos
Message 256 of 277
(1,151 Views)

Hello friends

I have one problem with labview.

I want to aquire data using HR4000 while I'm programming that using Labview.

I have downloade the corresponding driver from : http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=7833BD4A31DA1274E04400144FB7D2...

but each time I open an example,

@MAH2681 wrote:
Hello all,

I am trying to get an Ocean Optics USB4000 Spectrometer working under Labview.  Several months back I was able to get the USB2000 model working correctly using a set of vi's I came across on the web, however I seem to have found a snag with the newer model.  The vi's I currently use have the option to specify the USB4000 as the model to be used.  There is one vi in particular that calls the DLL.  I tried exchanging the previous function for the USB2000 with the same one that corresponds to the new model, but have no luck.  This causes and error to appear to appear or Labview crashes. 

I was hoping maybe someone out there has either used Labview and the USB4000 or could help me out with the problem I seem to be having with my older set.  The spectrometer works fine under the standard Ocean Optics packages.  I could provide vi's if needed for further explanation.

Thanks.... 

labview wants me to open ocean optics 2000 4000.lvlib, which I can not find it in my PC!

would you please help me with that?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 257 of 277
(997 Views)

Hi

I also have USB4000 and have been using labview. Are you using OmniDriver.dll?

Allan

0 Kudos
Message 258 of 277
(984 Views)

Hi thanks for yur reply

I dont have omnidriver

I though that if I just get the driver from the above mentioned link I would be able to control spectrometer with labview

is it correct?

0 Kudos
Message 259 of 277
(975 Views)

Hi again

Can you see your the spectrometer on the device manager?

I want to also ask if you have the OOI_home directory on your PC?

Also are you familar with the OmniDriver.net? 

You can use the NETWrapper constructor. Are you familiar with it? I'm attaching the pdf file on how to do this. If you follow the instructions step by step, you can construct your own.  Whenever I upgraded to a new version of labview, you have to reconstruct. I didn't know this, but once you do this, it becomes straight forward.

Allan

0 Kudos
Message 260 of 277
(969 Views)