LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ocean Optics USB4000 Spectrometer

I specifically ask for the error message becauseit sometimes happens that the usb bus power is removed.
You have to check all powersettings.
It is a real windows feature.
greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 231 of 277
(1,417 Views)

Hi

I uploaded the error for your reference

Thanks for your reply

0 Kudos
Message 232 of 277
(1,384 Views)

Hi

This seems to be a timeout problem.

Do you sometimes get real spectra or is it always a problem.

0 Kudos
Message 233 of 277
(1,372 Views)

Hi, I know this is an old thread but it seems this is the right place to ask question about Ocean Optics Spectrometer. We have several OO spectrometers, all externally triggered. The external trigger often changes its pulse trigger rate, and when it does, OO spectrometer gives me an error message, "Instrument not synchronized properly. Power cycle instrument". Our system will be all automated and will not easily be accessible to power cycle the instrument. Is there a software command to power cycle/reset the instrument? I couldn't find the command from neither their manual nor LabVIEW driver.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 234 of 277
(1,233 Views)
Depending on the driver version, this could also be an incorrect errormessage.
Before maybe 2013 the error sequence at the end of read data was wrong and you can test this by wiring an empty visa resource to th init.
If that vi returns the powercycling error it is an old driver.
I renewed this but be careful, I also changed more making it necessary to recalibrate the x-axis.
Good luck
0 Kudos
Message 235 of 277
(1,213 Views)

Hello Albert,

Thanks for the reply. The init gives a standard visa error if empty resource name is passed in. I guess I must have the newer driver. So, the error message must be valid. It being said, is there a command to reset the spectrometer to fix this error message? Or hard power cycling (unplug) is the only way.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 236 of 277
(1,194 Views)

Hi Tgif,

the alternative would be using the proper instrument driver. The OmniDriver does not care about the external sync rate and if i am honest, i have not seen a need to power cycle the instrument with OmniDriver in the past 5 years. The "NI driver" bypasses our interfaces and talks to the communications chip directly. Feel free to touch base directly with me (oliverl@oceanoptics.eu) if there are questions concerning the OmniDriver.

0 Kudos
Message 237 of 277
(1,174 Views)

I neither have seen a real need for powercycling.

The only time it looked like that was when windows decided to powerdown the usb bus to the ocean optics instrument.

0 Kudos
Message 238 of 277
(1,141 Views)

I am having driver troubles with my HR2000+ using the NI-VISA USB drivers.  I'm at the end of my rope.

I have searched high and low for answers and implemented everything relevent.  For example, I know the difference between the OO drivers that come with OceanView, and the signed LABVIEW drivers that are available for download from NI.  I can install either one with ease.  However, when i use the hr2000+_vista.inf, I still cannot get my device to show up in NI-Max.  The most frustrating part is that I had this working almost a year ago and developed software around it, which is now useless.  

Any suggestions on how I can completely wipe all driver information and 'start over' so that when i plug in the hr2000+ I can install the NI _vista.inf (assuming that theres some kind of driver issue..)  Thanks in advance guys.

0 Kudos
Message 239 of 277
(975 Views)

Can you try to make your own INF file instead of the ones you have there?  Or did you already do that?

See this guide:

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/4478/en/

0 Kudos
Message 240 of 277
(953 Views)