LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ocean Optics USB4000 Spectrometer

Hello Jean_bon,

the issue here is that the 32-bit LV and your 64-bit Windows do not understand each other. This is a well known issue that was already communicated to NI. Please use coherent bit-versions and you should not have issues running the OmniDriver. In your case that means 64-bit Win, 64-bit LV and 64-bit OmniDriver or 32-bit Win, 32-bit LV and 32-bit OmniDriver and you should not experience any issues. In questions feel free to contact me directly - I am glad if I can be of assistance.

0 Kudos
Message 221 of 277
(1,844 Views)

The LAbVIEW driver from NI works well with both 32 and 64 bit LAbVIEW in 64 bit Win7 

I suppose you are right for the omni driver but this has nothing to do with the LabVIEW based driver.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 222 of 277
(1,838 Views)

anyone know if  this driver will work in win8?

many thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 223 of 277
(1,442 Views)
I see no reason why it should not work. The drivers in win8 are compatible with win7.
0 Kudos
Message 224 of 277
(1,426 Views)

Hi Albert,

Thanks a lot for the reply,

I'm having awful trouble getting the driver installed - I'm getting told the INF file is incorrect ie "the folder specified doesnt contain a compatible software driver for your device. Make sure it is designed to work for windows with 32-bit system"  

I've tried it on both win7 and win8 but both are the same - I'm using the NIR512

I have tried it in spectrasuite and it works -

Any help or suggestions at all will help,

Thanks a lot,

Ger.

0 Kudos
Message 225 of 277
(1,415 Views)

I'm only talking about the native LabVIEW driver. That has no problems from either 32 or 64 bit LabVIEW under win7 64 bit.

There can be a problem when you use the wrong .inf file. Take inf file with vista in the name.

0 Kudos
Message 226 of 277
(1,379 Views)

Hi I have a question about the labview program, After running the process spectrum VI from USB 4000 driver,

The software works fine (it collects dark and reference and then collect data for transmittance/etc) but sometimes after stoping and restarting the program it does not work

And I have to unplug and plug the USB a couple of time to make it run again.

Anyone has the same issue? any suggestion?

0 Kudos
Message 227 of 277
(1,261 Views)
What error,sg do you get?
0 Kudos
Message 228 of 277
(1,247 Views)

Amir,

When you say that it does not work, are you saying that you get no reading from the spectrometer to the program?  Do you lose signal suddenly?  I've had this problem in the lab and closing the VI and LabView corrects the problem.

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler. -AE
0 Kudos
Message 229 of 277
(1,242 Views)

Thanks for your reply,

It does not read any signal from the USB4000. and sometime after reading dark and reference it just shows noise in the chart

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 230 of 277
(1,229 Views)