LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ocean Optics Omnidrivers package

Hi Dasha,

When you install the Omnidriver+SPAM package you should have by default some code samples in c++, vb.net, vb and LabVIEW and an html-based documentation.

You can redownload the Omnidriver+SPAM package from OO's web site  http://www.oceanoptics.com/technical/softwaredownloads.asp but you'll need a password to reinstall the package.

I enclose the 'getting started' document, the documentation is too big to be attached.

Charly

It's always sunny in California! Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer!
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 79
(3,610 Views)

Thank you so much Charly!

I can't reinstall it, it is client machine and it was already installed there, and I didn't find any sample or documentation, so I appreciate any documentation and samples which can help me to proceed! If you could send me the "big part" of the start up documentation or some sample, please send me the attachment to dasharv@gmail.com.

Thank you again!

Dasha

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 79
(3,596 Views)

Charly,

I didn't refere one detail, I'm working in .NET platform, só could you please send me the samples, described in documentation you attached, only for vb.NET.

Thank you again, it is a great help!

Dasha

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 79
(3,596 Views)

Dear friends,

i am not a professional in LabView i just have a problem with triggering my ocean optics spectrometer and i hope someone here knows the answer.

the probles is that when i am using external trigger option the spectrum that i obtain is not an actual one but apparantly a previous that was stocked in the memory.

I cann see it when i change the integration parameters - i need to trig 1 time in order to apply them.

And the worst think  - in ext trig mode it givev me not the spectrum but the blank data (looks like it gives cleared memory instead of actual spectrum).

Does anybody know if it is a hardware of software problem?

Thank you in advance.

All the best

Daniil

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 79
(2,940 Views)

Hi Daniil

maybe you are better of with the new ocean optics drivers on the NI instrument driver network.

It has a much leaner interface than the omnidriver interface.

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=7833BD4A31DA1274E04400144FB7D2...

if you still have that problem I can check it on my system.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 79
(2,935 Views)

Dear Albert,

thank you a lot for your advise. I am sorry if my question will be too stupid, but anyway:

I am using SpectraSuite standard OceanOptics software and for the moment i have no time and no skills to develop myself any codes that would control the device. Do you think installation of a new driver will affect the operation of the program that i am using at the moment?

Thank you in advance.

Daniil

PS. May be i address my questions not in the right community, but this is the only forum i have found on the net that discuss questions related to utilization of OO spectrometers. If somebody knows other sites that discuss similar questions  - i would appreciate any information.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 79
(2,925 Views)

Hi Daniil

I'm sorry for you but the two drivers cannot be active at the same moment. It is in the readme how to switch between the two.

So you see, not a stupid question at all.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 79
(2,893 Views)

I recently bought OMNIDRIVER but not OMNIDRIVER+SPAM. Does anyone know what is the advantage of "+SPAM"?

Thanks, Selcuk

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 79
(2,836 Views)

Hi Selcuk,

You should check out their website at http://www.oceanoptics.com/products/omnidriver.asp for more information.

Hope this helps!

Chris T.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 79
(2,812 Views)

Hi

In my view it is a real attempt to have a better interface for all oo spectrometers, and for oo a good base to build their own software on.

The problem however is that it is too big to be handled nicely for somebody not used to it, and to make it more troublesome has to many flaws to be really stable.

I switched over to the simple direct labview usb interface and can do all I want.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 79
(2,811 Views)