LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaining variable values from string

@crossrulz wrote:

Personally, I would probably use the Match Pattern to find the = and then convert the After String (value) and keep the Before String (name).

Just like I had posted in Message 6. Smiley Wink

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(623 Views)

This seems to be working well.  I am having an issue with the decimal accuracy, I am only getting rounded numbers to 2 decimal points.  I have something that is as 2.5000E-5 and I want to read it as that, but it just gives 0.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(603 Views)

@jmaslek wrote:

This seems to be working well.  I am having an issue with the decimal accuracy, I am only getting rounded numbers to 2 decimal points.  I have something that is as 2.5000E-5 and I want to read it as that, but it just gives 0.

Sounds like a display issue.  Right-click on your indicator and go to Display Format.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 13 of 15
(601 Views)

I have one more issue.  I am attaching an image of just a snippit of code not working right.  When I run this I get error code 85 that the input string does not contain data in the expected format, even though this works if I get rid of the rest of the text and only have the line IndexedValues =1.0002E-4

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(568 Views)

Again like in Message 6 - Use the Match Pattern.

Match Pattern.pngYou are not handling all of the information before your search string.  Using the Match pattern will lump all of the data prior to the match under output a.  If the data will sometimes have a space before the numeric value, add a Trim Whitespace after output c of the match pattern.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
Message 15 of 15
(553 Views)