LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaining list of Teststand variable names from labview

Hi all

I'm trying to generate a list of TestStand variable names from Labview, based on some example code I found in the Dev zone http://sine.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/3086 but running into trouble. I was expecting the routine to output a complete name, but it only returns the first part, for example

StationGlobals.TS

and not

StationGlobals.TS.LastUserName
StationGlobals.TS.CurrentUser.LoginName
StationGlobals.TS.CurrentUser.Password
etc

I've managed to retrieve these using extra loops, but since there could be any number of subproperties in a variable name, it suggests the routine needs to be recursive, and that's where I come unstuck.

Is there anyway of doing this without using recursion?

Thanks
Bruce
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,323 Views)
There's not a whole lot of people in this forum who use TestStand, so you might have better luck with this in the TestStand forum. If you post there, please indicate in this thread that you've moved the discussion so people don't get confused as to where to answer, or provide duplicate responses.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,318 Views)

Sorry, I've not worded my question very well. I was really looking for advice on implementing a recursive routine in Labview, that interrogated TestStand, and just assumed it was more relevant  to this forum. If not, then I'll re-post elsewhere.

Thanks

Bruce

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,287 Views)